Friday, July 16, 2010

Bad News

I learned that I have a condition called polycystic ovarian syndrome. What the Heck is that? Well I learned it is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS may also cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it is not treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes, and heart disease as well as the reason I could not get the weight off, and actually when I would start to lose weight, my period would start and I would bleed for months. My Doctor’s first solution was the Mirena® IUD. This IUD is an estrogen-free intrauterine contraceptive device. This IUD would help control my bleeding and PCOS while I lose weight. Though some women reported actually gaining weight with this IUD I did not. I didn’t lose weight either. So after two years of trying to lose weight with no success, back to the doctor’s I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment