Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Whirlwind began June 28th

Once Lifestyle Changes and Nutrition 101 was checked off my list, the first doctors appointment was scheduled. First up, the psychiatrist. I met with a very nice man for about an hour. We talked about my past diets, my childhood, as well as my reason for wanting the LAP-BAND® as well as what it would mean to me if I were to meet my goal weight. I said, “It would mean I could shop for clothes and not take all day doing it because I literally had to try on everything. The appointment went well and I laughed a lot. You know, it’s ok to laugh at yourself. Getting back to the whirlwind, when I finished seeing the psychiatrist I had one more appointment that day and it was with the Nurse Practitioner. This is where one weighs in, gets a goal weight for surgery, as well as gets a physical. Then the doctor orders more blood work, as well as a chest x-ray and EKG. He also talks about what type of surgery you're leaning more towards, and begins to make sure you have a clear understanding of what the surgery entails. My official 2nd weigh in reads 203 lbs. In the past 5 weeks, I had lost 11 lbs. I was so excited. I knew I lost weight, because like clockwork, my period started again. But I didn’t know how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment