Monday, July 19, 2010

The Meal Plan

Phase 1 started with another 3 hour orientation that went into a lot more detail about the surgery. I also got to hear from the Dietitian, the Dr/N.P, the Surgeon, and the Case manager. I stepped on the scale, weight was recorded and picture was taken. Weight was 214 lbs, picture showed a big smile. I was nervous and excited. By the time the Dietitian spoke about the pre-op meal plan I was hooked. I was going to make this 1 year count for everything. I had it set in my mind that I would start the meal plan the following morning, and I was going to lose as much weight as I could before that one year was up. Then I would get the LAP-BAND to keep it off.

The Meal Plan for the year.

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

2 Protein

2-3 Protein

3 Protein

1 Fruit

2-3 veggies

2-3 veggies

0-1 starch

1 starch

1 starch

1 milk

1 fruit

1 Milk

1 Fat

1 Fat

1 Fat

1 oz meat, whole egg, or cheese = 1 protein

½ cup cooked or 1 cup raw = a vegetable

8oz milk or 6 oz yogurt = Milk

5-6 crackers ½ potato, or 1 slice of toast = starch

1 apple or peach, ½ banana or 1 cup berries = fruit

Eat every 4-5 hours drink 64 oz of water between meals. Don’t drink 15 minutes before your meal and up to 1 hour after your meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment