Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Introduction

How many times a week do you look in the mirror and are truly happy with what you see? There are many days a week I look in the mirror and realize that I like what I see even though I’m overweight and very short. Not sure if it’s the fact that,for the first time, I can see my weight loss, and I am getting more in touch with my body. Or is it because I know that God accepts me Just the way I am, and I’m very blessed to be married to the most supportive husband anyone could ask for. Allow me to introduce myself and my past failed diets.

My name is Michelle and I am 36 years young. I say young not just because some people think 36 is young but because I still feel like a little kid in High school. I was not a small kid in High School. While most of my friends were that perfect size 6- 10 I was a 14, I was the biggest girl in my circle of friends but they loved an me. Plus I was ALWAYS on a diet of some kind. I got married at 18 and weighed 145, I thought I was still so heavy, again comparing myself to my friends who were 110 - 125, I was heavy. However, looking back now I think I was a bombshell. Ok So I’ve been married for 17 years, like I said to the best man in the world, of course he has his faults, who doesn’t? Remember we’re talking about mine.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to walking with you on this journey of self discovery through health. Your honesty is incredible. :0)

    ReplyDelete