Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Surgeon

The surgeon was busy at the moment and I was finished talking to the doctor, so I was asked to go downstairs to get a chest x-ray and EKG and when I was done, come back up and by then the surgeon would be ready to see me. Mike says to me, “Honey, it looks like they have you on the fast track” I was still fixated on having a baby, or even the idea of being able to have one. We’ve tried several times in the past. And I looked at him and said. “We could have a baby” He just smiled at me. When I was done getting my chest x-ray and EKG, I headed back upstairs. The Surgeon walked into the room and asked me if I was ready to have surgery tomorrow. I am not kidding I about fell out of the chair, the gasp and my loud NO, was all it took for him to start laughing. Whew, I thought, he was joking. But no he wasn’t. Yes he was about the tomorrow comment, but not about having it very soon. He talked about the gastric sleeve and what it would entail, and commented on my weight loss in 4 weeks. He then asked my husband if he could use him to teach other people how to eat, since my husband was the one that did all the cooking for me. They both laughed but I’m still in Shock. He asked me if I was ready for August 4th. I told him no that I would need to go home and think about it, Talk to my friends and family and most important pray about it, he was very understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment