Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lifestyle Changes

After my second orientation and weight in, I was then scheduled for two more classes, Lifestyle Changes and Nutrition 101. Lifestyle Changes was a 2 hours class where we discussed feeling your body for the first time in a long time for some of us. We started by wiggling our toes, “yep there still there I thought”, then tightening and releasing our calves, then our thighs, then our stomach then our chests, we then worked our way up to our shoulders, and then back down again. We were asked to do this weekly. We talked about emotional eating and writing down your feelings on different types of foods.

I then realized my fixation on Chinese food stemmed way back to when I was a teenager I was watching movie where a guy and girl were straddling each other on the couch eating Chinese food, I became addicted to Chinese food because I associated it with sex. Now when my husband asks me what I want for dinner and I say Chinese food, it’s free pleasure. “wink” it’s very good to become in touch with the reason we eat different foods, I once had a pickle eating contest with my sister when I was young so whenever I wanted to feel that great childhood feeling, I would want a pickle. Knowing really is half the battle (G.I. Joe ® )

No comments:

Post a Comment