Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Mistakes I've made!

No one said this was going to be an easy road to take, but I praise God for my great husband and for good friends in my life. Today is day 7 post op and I have made some real big mistakes so far. for starters, for the first 3 days I was home I was always hungry. What, why am I hungry, didn't they just take 90 percent of my stomach out. well back to the binder I go. the binder is this 3 inch thick book that has all the do's and don't both before surgery and after, so the book says that I need 55-60 grams of protein a day and that my protein shakes is where I'm suppose to get that from. oh, that would mean two scoops of protein powder and not the normal one scoop.. Oops, ok so starting day 4 post op, I'm back on track with protein and you know something? I'm no longer hungry. Second mistake I made was I have been having a hard time getting in my fluids (64 oz a day) because I've been diluting my crystal light. so needless to say it tastes like water with just a hint of flavor and I want something with more of a punch. So today I find out the only thing that needs diluting is sugar drinks. anything sugar free I can freely drink. Bring on the flavor! The third and final mistake so far I've made was not taking the pain medication. You see I haven't been in hardly any pain at all but the medication has a sleep agent in it so your body can get the rest it needs to repair itself. Well after feeling dizzy all day yesterday from lack of sleep, I took it last night and lets just say I didn't get my nickname Princess "Snooze a lot" for nothing. I slept all night and even took a nap today. I was able to eat right and go for another walk around the block..

No comments:

Post a Comment