Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sleepless in Vallejo

I seem to have another problem, Sleep. Two days ago I took my medication to help me sleep and didn't want to take it again last night. So, I decided to stay up until I felt tired enough to sleep. Next thing I hear is my husbands alarm clock go off in the bedroom. That's right, at 6:00 am I was still on the couch trying to get tired. I thought it was because I had slept so good the night before with the medicine that it would wear off and I would automatically get sleepy on my own. Well here we are now being up for 24 hours and I'm still not tired, So I did some research and found out that I'm not the only one with this problem. Here's what I learned. "The postoperative period in bariatric surgery requires significant adjustments in patients–lives. The potential for altered sleep physiology, reduced quantity of sleep, altered hormonal balance, increased tendency to disordered eating, and poorer quality of food intake, are all possible etiologies for substandard weight loss..."
Eric S. Ketchum and John M. Morton"

If any of you have any suggestion to naturally get my sleep back I'm willing to try. Tonight, I will start drinking Mint Tea at 5:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment